Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
thentic-greg-mancz-jersey]Womens Greg Mancz Jersey[/url] , but has become one of the
PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Deshaun Watson made one big play after another to rally the Houston Texans back from a 13-point deficit to take the lead only to watch the defense let it slip away.The Texans missed an opportunity to clinch the AFC South and lost control of the No. 2 seed when Jake Elliott kicked a 35-yard field goal as time expired to give the Philadelphia Eagles a 32-30 victory on Sunday.Houston would secure the division title with a victory against Jacksonville next week. They need the Patriots to lose or tie to get a first-round bye. But they own at least a wild-card spot because Pittsburgh lost to New Orleans later Sunday.“We just have to go out there and win next week Bradley Roby Jersey White ,” J.J. Watt said after being held to only three tackles and no sacks. “We can’t worry about anything else.”Watson was 29 of 40 for 339 yards and two touchdowns and also ran for 49 yards and two scores.Down 29-16 in the fourth quarter, the Texans started their comeback after recovering Josh Adams’ fumble. Watson threw a 14-yard TD to DeAndre Hopkins to cut the deficit to 29-23 with 4:48 left and the Texans got the ball back at their 20 after a three-and-out.Watson made an incredible escape on third-and-11 and threw 22 yards to Jordan Akins for a first down at the Philadelphia 34.On third-and-11, he hit Vyncint Smith deep in the back of the end zone. Smith made an outstanding catch, and dragged his feet to stay inbounds.“He played great the last two drives,” Texans coach Bill O’Brien said. “He’s just got incredible instincts, he sees things well, he hangs in there, he’s tough. The football field for him is heaven on earth. Obviously we have a strong belief in him and what he can do.”The Texans had a tough time moving the ball until the fourth quarter and the absence of Lamar Miller hurt their rushing attack. Alfred Blue and D’Onta Foreman had 13 yards on 11 carries.“I think the ball in (Watson’s) hands is the best thing for our offense and for our football team Corey Moore Jersey White ,” O’Brien said. “But we have to figure out how to run the ball better. I have to figure it out because it hasn’t been good enough.”Watt and the rest of Houston’s defense blamed themselves for the loss after giving up 519 yards and allowing the Eagles to go 4 for 4 on fourth downs.“I’ll put that on my shoulders,” Watt said. “The offense did a great job giving us a chance, and we just didn’t get a stop at the end. I’ll take that as a leader of the defense. We have to get a stop.”“As long as we get in, then it’s a new season,” Watson said before the clinching was official. “My mentality is whoever we have to play, wherever we have to play, we are going to play all four quarters. All that stuff is irrelevant. We have to focus on Jacksonville, get everyone healthy and try to win the next game and see what happens.”The Texans lost wide receiver Demaryius Thomas (right leg) and cornerbacks Kareem Jackson (knee) and Kayvon Webster (thigh) in the game. Thomas was carted off the field in the fourth quarter and his injury appeared most serious. Avonte Maddox has turned into a do-it-all defensive back in a secondary decimated by injuries.The rookie fourth-round pick began the season as Philadelphia's fifth cornerback Womens Greg Mancz Jersey , but has become one of the team's most valuable defensive players. Maddox entered the starting lineup at safety in Week 5 after Rodney McLeod sustained a season-ending knee injury and backup Corey Graham got hurt.He moved to nickel cornerback in Week 9 after Jalen Mills also went down for the season. The Eagles also lost starter Ronald Darby for the season and nickel cornerback Sidney Jones has been plagued by injuries. Maddox missed three games himself before returning at outside cornerback and played a key role in a 30-23 upset at the Los Angeles Rams last Sunday."I don't know if we win that game without Avonte," defensive coordinator Jim Schwartz said. "We use him where we need him. Every week's been different. I have no idea how many different secondary lineups we've used. I'm sure it's been a lot, just where we are and he's been 'Johnny on the spot.' We've missed him when he wasn't in there. He has great speed, plays with a lot of energy, and as long as he's one of the 11 on the field, we'll find a spot for him somewhere."The 5-foot-9 Maddox plays tougher than his size suggests and is willing to do whatever it takes to help the team."I pride myself as a DB, anytime I can go out there and play a position. I'm going to give it my all, take pride in it and learn Jose Altuve Jersey ," he said.Maddox played four seasons at Pittsburgh and wasn't expected to contribute much beyond special teams after the Eagles selected him 125th overall. But injuries opened the door and he forced his way into the starting lineup with a strong effort in practice."He's been a real consistent player for us," coach Doug Pederson said. "He's a highly intellectual guy that understands scheme. He's a young player that's just going to continue to get better. He comes to work every day, he feeds off the veteran players."Malcolm Jenkins has been the rock in Philadelphia's secondary. While others around him keep going down, the two-time Pro Bowl safety has played every snap on defense and another 119 snaps on special teams.Jenkins sets the example for Maddox and fellow cornerbacks Rasul Douglas and Cre'Von LeBlanc. The unit will have another tough task this week against Houston receivers DeAndre Hopkins and Demaryius Thomas."I think he's by far the best player on their offense," Jenkins said of Hopkins. "He's going to make plays on the ball. He's a great route runner, strong after the catch. You've got to find ways to just limit his impact on the game."Notes: DE Michael Bennett (foot), DT Fletcher Cox (hip), K Jake Elliott (illness) Ryan Griffin Jersey , WR Alshon Jeffery (illness), Jones (hamstring), G Isaac Seumalo (pectoral), QB Carson Wentz (back) and LB D.J. Alexander (hamstring) didn't practice Thursday.