Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Konta was playing Halep on Centre Cou
"

BEIJING, June 24 (Xinhua) -- The Leave camp won Britain's Brexit referendum on Friday morning by obtaining nearly 52 percent of ballots, pulling the country out of the 28-nation European Union (EU) after its 43-year membership.

The result has sparked a torrent of reactions around the world, especially in Britain and in the EU. The following are some quotable quotes.

-- David Cameron, British prime minister:

The British people have made the very clear decision to take a different path and as such I think the country requires fresh leadership to take it in this direction. I will do everything I can as prime minister to steady the ship in coming months, but I do not think it would be right for me to captain that ship. There is no need for a precise timetable today, but we should aim to have a new prime minister in place by the start of Conservative conference in October.

-- Nigel Farage, head of the UK Independence Party:

Let June 23 go down in our history as our independence day. The eurosceptic genie is out of the bottle and it will now not be put back. EU's finished, EU's dead.

-- Donald Tusk, EU president:

It is true that the past years have been the most difficult ones in the history of our Union, but I always remember what my father used to tell me -- ""What does not kill you make you stronger.""

-- Martin Schulz, European Parliament president:

Today on behalf of the 27 leaders, I can say that we are determined to keep our unity as 27. The chain reaction that is being celebrated everywhere now by eurosceptics won't happen.

-- Wolfgang Schaeuble, German finance minister:

Europe will stand together now. Together, we must make the best of the decision taken by our British friends.

-- Frank-Walter Steinmeier, German foreign minister:

The news from Britain is truly sobering. It looks like it's going to be a sad day for Europe and for Britain.

-- Matteo Renzi, Italian prime minister:

We have to change it to make it more human and more just, but Europe is our home, it's our future.

-- Mariano Rajoy, Spanish acting prime minister:

This result must make all (EU) member states reflect on how to strengthen ourselves more than ever to win back the vigor of the original spirit behind the European project and recover the interest, sympathy and attraction our citizens feel towards it.

-- Mark Rutte, Dutch prime minister:

Firstly it's a disappointing result. It's also a stimulus to reform the EU. I don't believe there's much interest in a (similar )referendum (in the Netherlands). Enditem

"

With all the talks going on about global warming Jaylon Smith Jersey , it’s no wonder that people these days are more conscious about the use of alternative energy sources such as biofuels. Biofuels have actually been in use for many years now but it is only in recent years that their benefits as an alternative energy source have been given due attention.

One of the most popular forms of biofuel is the liquid fuel that is used to power vehicles. These are completely environment friendly because they emit no harmful toxins and they are totally renewable. The usual oil used for cars today is not only non-renewable, but it also spews out tons of harmful elements into the atmosphere, speeding up the process of global warming. Biofuels, on the other hand Xavier Woods Jersey , do not release any harmful substances, as guaranteed by the Environmental Protection Agency or EPA.

Vegetable oils such as corn and soy are the most common sources of biofuels. These oils undergo a process wherein the methyl esters and glycerine are extracted to produce an alcohol such as methanol. Although glycerine is a fairly ordinary substance used in everyday products, its extraction and conversion to biofuel is still a costly process. In fact, when you add up the cost of the entire procedure Jourdan Lewis Jersey , it would seem that the use of petroleum is still much more practical. When you consider the long-term benefits, however, it is easy to see that biofuels are the better choice, both in terms of economic and environmental concerns.

Spain’s Garbine Muguruza returns to Russia’s Svetlana Kuznetsova en route to her 6-3 Chidobe Awuzie Jersey , 6-4 Wimbledon quarterfinal victory at the All England Club in Wimbledon, London, yesterday. — Reuters

PLAYING at Wimbledon for the 20th time, Venus Williams is in the semifinals for the 10th time.

The five-time champion at the All England Club advanced to the last four for the second year in a row by beating Jelena Ostapenko 6-3 Taco Charlton Jersey , 7-5 yesterday under a closed roof on Centre Court.

Williams, who is 37 years old, made her Wimbledon debut a few months before Ostapenko was born. She last won the title in 2008, but reached the semifinals last year and the Australian Open final this year.

Williams became the oldest Wimbledon semifinalist for 23 years after Martina Navratilova made it thus far in 1994.

Williams will next face either second-seeded Simona Halep or Johanna Konta tomorrow. In the other women’s semifinal match Connor Williams Jersey , Garbine Muguruza will play either CoCo Vandeweghe or Magdalena Rybarikova. Muguruza beat Svetlana Kuznetsova 6-3, 6-4 on No. 1 Court.

Konta was playing Halep on Centre Court next. On Court No. 1, Rybarikova was taking on Vandeweghe.

On the men’s side, Novak Djokovic advanced to the quarterfinals by beating Adrian Mannarino 6-2 Leighton Vander Esch Jersey , 7-6 (5), 6-4. That match, the first to be played under the roof on Centre Court at this year’s tournament, was postponed from Monday.

Williams went up a break early in both sets against Ostapenko Dak Prescott Jersey , the French Open champion. But the 20-year-old Latvian broke back in the second set and it went to 5-5. A few unforced errors later, though, and Williams broke again for a 6-5 lead before serving out the match.

Williams ended up with eight aces and only 13 winners. Ostapenko had one ace. Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys China Wholesale Authentic MLB Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys From China Wholesale Jerseys China Free Shipping Wholesale NBA Jerseys Free Shipping Wholesale New MLB Jerseys Cheap Jerseys From China Cheap Jerseys China Cheap NBA Jerseys